2022-2023 MSc Medical Genomics (Merit predicted)
Topics include Medical Genetics, Genetic informatics and Bioinformatics and Molecular Modelling.
● Developed knowledge of the practical applications of molecular biology, genetics and genomics: such as preparing genomic DNA from cells for qPCR, to analyse all test DNA samples for dilutions and laboratory practice and measuring the concentration of DNA in different samples.
● Supported undergraduates within their research projects such as organising, planning and practice research in science and helped them with their enquiries.
● Experience of using relevant software to generate databases, analysed and interpreted nucleic acid sequences that model RNA structures databases, analysed and interpreted nucleic acid sequences to model RNA structures and protein sequences and identify them.
2018- 2022 BSc Biological Science (2.2)
London Metropolitan University
• Gained confidence in organising and carrying out experiments to agreed timeframes, as well as in the accurate recording, analysis and interpretation of resulting data.
• Completed practical sessions on analysing using analytical methods such as immunohistochemistry such as identifying monoclonal antibodies and used technique to identify antibodies for specific analytical usee
• Familiar with bacterial culturing, pipetting and analysing under a microscope.
• Demonstrated concentration over long periods as well as good manual dexterity Consistently follow all procedures and health and safety measures with care.
• Developed skills in independent research and problem solving: able to identify and evaluate sources, apply theoretical knowledge and use initiative to resolve problems that may arise during laboratory sessions.
• Mention the samples you have worked with/prepared and the fact tnat you have worked under aseptic conditions.
• Competent in the use of MS Office including Excel for data analysis.
2015-2018 Redbridge College
● ACCESS TO HE applied science Overall( Pass)
● BTEC LEVEL 2 Applied science grade, Distinction ● LEVEL 2 English and LEVEL 3 Maths, Pass
2022- current Empowering Learning Cover Supervisor
● Monitor and support pupils with learning disabilities in a variety of school activities ● Responsible for exam invigilation, working accurately to follow correct procedures.
● Adapt to working across multiple locations, settings and teams. Quickly form positive relationships with both staff and students.
2023 King’s College London
OSCE Exam Invigilator
● Supported and directed candidates, maintaining accuracy to ensure correct instructions and materials were provided.
● Worked flexibly and clearly communicated availability to the Lead Examiner.
2021 Covid Asymptomatic Testing Officer
London Metropolitan University (Aldgate Campus)
● Assisted with processing tests, highlighting relevant health and hygiene measures
● Prepared test samples for analysis, processing and interpreting results
● Assisted students and staff to perform swab tests by providing detailed instructions
● Input confidential test results to the covid test centre device
● Caring for elderly clients with disabilities and dementia, building caring and supportive relationships to promote simulation and enhance daily life.
● Ensured clients were correctly taking prescribed medication.
2021 Customer Assistant
Kinza, Ilford Lane
● Managed customer enquiries and used practical problem solving skills to tactfully handle complaints
● Delivered excellent customer service in a friendly, polite manner, giving accurate and appropriate information and advice within a highly regulated environment
● Regularly handled difficult situations in which customers were confused or distressed.
● Worked flexibly across a variety of tasks in response to changing priorities and managed workload in periods of peak activity.
● Supported the work of the professional team, extending my product knowledge
● Followed all company policies with care, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and presentation across the store.
2017 Pharmacy Assistant
Sheldon’s Pharmacy, Gants Hill
● Dealt effectively with customer enquiries and provided accurate product information
● Demonstrated strong attention to detail: checking prescriptions, organising stock, and ensuring expiry dates were not exceeded
● Worked cooperatively as a part of a busy team
References available on request